Students in grades K to 5 are allowed to have in class parties. Each month, there will be one day where all students who have a birthday that month can celebrate their birthday. Since birthday celebrations are held on the same day, items will be shared with the class. For example, Parent A will bring the juice boxes; Parent B will bring the chips. This will help reduce the amount of money parents spend on items for the celebration. Teachers will send home the birthday sign-up form in the middle of each month. The classroom teacher will facilitate the celebration.
Please leave all birthday items at the Security Desk promptly by 12:00 PM on the day of the party.
Please be sure to specify that the items are for Jamaica Children's School.
Also be sure to clearly label the bag(s) with your child’s name, class and teacher.
Celebrations are only from 2:00 pm to 2:20 pm.
Please be mindful of the following:
- All food items must be packaged and individually wrapped. Foods such as cupcakes, donuts/munchkins, individual juice boxes, individual chips are allowed.
- Food items such as pizza, chicken, sandwiches, etc. are not allowed
- All participating families must check that all items must have ingredient lists attached to packaging.
- All food sent in must be nuts free.
- Ice cream, ices, and other frozen products are not allowed.
- Party bags and goodie bags are not allowed.
- Students, parents and teachers are not allowed to distribute private birthday invitations to students. Parents must network and distribute private invitations among themselves.
- For any specific questions please contact Ms. Sarita
- If you do not want your child to participate in birthday celebration due to religious reasons or any other reasons, please let your child's teacher know.
September 29, 2022
October 27, 2022
November 17, 2022
December 22, 2022
January 26, 2023
February 16, 2023
March 30, 2023
April 27, 2023
May 25, 2023
June 22, 2023