ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL POLICY
Grade K to 2 students enter at the exit closest to the park and Grades 3 to 5 enter at JCS main entrance. Students must have completed the Health Screening Survey in order to enter the building each morning. Students also have their temperatures taken at arrival as well. All changes in dismissal arrangements must be submitted in writing to the teacher or via email to Ms. Ford at email@example.com or Mrs. Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1:00 pm. To ensure student’s safety, verbal requests will NOT be honored. In addition, students will only be released to names listed on the blue emergency cards.
ClassDojo is our main communication tool with parents. On this platform, you are able to receive schoolwide announcements, communicate with your child’s teacher directly, and monitor your child’s engagement in school. We hope to have a celebration at the end of the school year, and students who have 75% positivity points will be invited to the event. Also, Dojo points will allow students to purchase various items from our upcoming School Store.
Attending classes both remote and in-person is important to the success of your child. If your child is in-person, they are to attend classes on their designated day. Remote students are to sign in and/or complete assigned tasks on Google Classroom. Attendance is taken twice a day (9:30 am and 12:30 pm).
- If your child is in-person, they are to attend classes on their designated day.
- Only in an emergency may a child attend a remote class on an in-person day.
- Attendance is taken twice a day (9:00 am after morning meeting and 12:30 pm). Students marked after 9:00 am are marked as Late
- It is best that students attend the live lessons and complete the assigned work by the due date.
- It is essential that students are prepared, on time, and ready to learn for all lessons, 1 on 1 sessions, and small group instructions.
- Tardiness disrupts the learning process for all students
- Teachers can not always “stay behind” to catch a student up because they have other scheduled duties to adhere to.
BUILDING SAFETY POLICY
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults and students in the building.
- Hand washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 100°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH POLICY
Breakfast and lunch are is served daily in the classroom for each grade. If your child brings their own lunch to school, please be reminded that students have different food allergies, so speak to your child about not sharing their lunch or snacks with other children. Hot lunches will be served beginning January 2021.
For students participating in blended learning, uniform is fully enforced. Please make sure that your child is in FULL uniform everyday they come into the building. Remote students should wear their uniforms OR “Ready to Learn” attire.